Hot Tub User Manuals
Balboa Control System
Gecko Control System
Spa Quick Set-Up Guide
Note: All Spas are slightly different in configuration and this is for guidance only, but the principals remain the same. Please refer to your control panel Manual and Chemical guide attached for detailed advice.
Your complete Spa owner’s manual is available online at https://www.palmspas.co.uk
Once you have filled your spa with water, you will need to add your preferred sanitiser. Ideally wait until the spa is above 20 degrees Celsius so the chemicals will dissolve quicker. Add chemicals as instructed below with the Pumps on, leave for 5-10 minutes before replacing the cover.
The most commonly used sanitiser and an effective way to kill bacteria in your water. If you have skin reactions to Chlorine then you can use Bromine, the only downside to Bromine is that it is a slower reacting chemical and not as effective at killing Bacteria.
Chlorine Granules- Level 3-5PPM (Parts Per Million)
If you’re using chlorine granules you need to keep your level of chlorine between 3-5ppm. Add the granules to warm water in a bucket or jug to dissolve then add to the water whilst the pumps are running and leave for 5-10 minutes. After 10 minutes you can switch off the pumps and replace the cover.
Favoured and recommended by many Spa and hottub suppliers, as it is kinder on the skin and particularly if you have Children, it is also less volatile at high temperatures.
Bromine Granules-Level 4-6ppm (Parts Per Million)
If you are using Bromine Granules you need to keep your level of bromine between 4-6PPM. Add the granules to warm water in a bucket or jug to dissolve then add to the water whilst the pumps are running and leave for 5-10 minutes. After 10 minutes you can switch off the pumps and replace the cover.
Dosage Instructions For Chlorine/Bromine Granules
|WATER(LITRES)||COMMISSIONING & NEW WATER(SHOCK)||ADD CHLORINE. (WEEKLY)||BROMINE(WEEKLY)|
|600-800||1 & ½ Teaspoons||¾ Teaspoon||¾ Teaspoon|
|900-1200||3 Teaspoons||1 & ½ Teaspoons||1 & ½ Teaspoons|
|1300-1500||4 Teaspoons||2 Teaspoons||2 Teaspoons|
|1600-1800||6 Teaspoons||3 Teaspoons||3 Teaspoons|
One level teaspoon holds approx. 5g of dry product. For commissioning and new water, you will need to shock dose to establish your water. Leave for 24 hours and check your levels with the test strips, maintain the PH balance between 7.4 and 7.6 Alkalinity level of 125PPM-150PPM.
IMPORTANT NOTE:On first start-up of fresh water, you will need to add more sanitiser after 24 hours once heated check levels with test strips and add more sanitiser as required. Also note, the more people using the spa the more sanitiser you will need to add. Lack of Sanitiser can cause your water to become cloudy.
****Do Not Use Chlorine Tablets****
Chlorine Tablets regardless of brand, contains a chemical call Trichlor (Trichloroisocyanuric Acid) which is highly corrosive and when used in an acrylic hot tub, they can cause severe damage to the shell and its components.
If you have ordered our chemical starter kit, you will receive the following items: –
Ph Minus (Reducer)
The effectiveness of all chlorine-based sanitisers decreases as the pH level of the water increases.
pH reducer can be added directly to the water to reduce the pH to a desirable level. For the chlorine to remain effective, the pH level should be kept below 7.6. However, if the pH level drops too low then the water can start to degrade pumps and liners, so aim to keep the pH level between 7.4-7.6 pH. Add as instructed on the bottle.
PH Plus (Increaser)
Bathing water that is low in pH can be corrosive to pumps, heat exchangers and damage the tub lining. pH plus can be used to raise the pH to a desirable level. However, too high a pH level and the effectiveness of all chlorine sanitisers starts to decrease. Always aim for a pH level of between 7.4 and 7.6 pH. Add as instructed on the bottle.
Antifoam will eliminate foam which is built up from such products like sun cream, fake tan, oils and many cosmetics. This Chemical will disperse foam build-up instantly. Once you have used antifoam, make sure you jet wash your filters. Disperse over the water at the rate of 25ml per 1000 litres.
3 in 1 Test Strips
These test strips test the levels of free Chlorine/Bromine, pH & total alkalinity to keep you and your family safe. To use, dip a strip into water and remove immediately, hold strip level for 15 seconds (do no shake excess water from strip). Compare Free/Chlorine/Bromine, pH and total alkalinity pads(in that order) to colour chart on label.
All Chemical Starter Kits come with Either Chlorine or Bromine Granules Depending on Kit ordered.
HOT TUB SAFETY GUIDE
Hot tubs and swim spas are a great place for relaxation and fun for all, but as this is a water-based activity safety in and around the spa is paramount to minimise the risk of injury or drowning.
Electrics and water do not mix and there is a risk of electric shock, so it is important to ensure your power supply to the spa or the socket is fitted by a fully qualified electrician with the isolator or socket positioned no less than 2 metres away from the spa. Ensure any loose cabling that is notburied is kept out of the way to reduce the risk of tripping over it or damaging the cable and for plug and play models ensure the socket and plug are kept dry always and is fitted with RCD protection. The engine room within the cabinet houses the control unit that operates the spa, the door enclosing the unit should always remain shut. If water happens to enter the engine room, turn off the spa at the power outlet and make sure all components are dry before attempting to power the spa back up. Never have any electrical devices within 2 metres of the spa.
Ensure the spa is not in a low or floodable position as this could cause electrical equipment shortage or be dangerous to spa users.
Keep your spa water temperature no higher than 40°c, the higher water temperatures can cause strain on the cardiovascular system. Limit spa use to no more than 15-20 minutes at a time and if/when you feel you are getting too hot, sit on the cooling seator get out and allow your body to cool, when you feel comfortable you may submerse yourself back into the spa pool. Hyperthermia can be fatal!
- People with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or other cardiovascular conditions should always consult a doctor before utilising a spa.
- People with open sores or any type of infections should avoid using the spa.
- Hot water is an ideal environment for spreading infection, especially if sanitiser levels aren’t properly maintained.
- Pregnant women should consult their Physician before using the spa.
- To reduce the risk of contaminating the spa water and minimise health risks, shower with soap and water prior to using the spa.
Alcohol & Medication:
The consumption of alcohol in and around the spa is a hazardous practice. Never use any glass drinking vessels near the spa. Alcohol can cause drowsiness and lead to drowning. Any person taking medication should consult their physician before entering the spa.
Children Should always be supervised
SPA WARRANTY DETAILS
5- Years Warranty on the shell structure of the spa: The shell will maintain structural integrity and configuration and be free of any water loss due to defect in the spa shell.
1- years Warranty on the shell surface of the spa: The manufacturer provides the user of the spa a 1 year warranty against blistering, cracking and delamination.
2-years Warranty on Balboa/Gecko controls and Display module: The manufacturer warrants the display and the spa control box against defects in materials and workmanship or any other defects for two years. According to the electrical components this warranty is not given on fuses, RCD’s,bulbs and gaskets.
1-Years warranty on our cabinet of the spa: The factory installed side panel is warrantied for 1 year from the original date of delivery. The warranty specifically covers cracking or peeling of the shell. Fading and weathering of the surface will naturally occur over time and is not considered warrantable defects.
1-Years Warranty on the Ozone generator, Audio system components: The ozone generator is warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for 1 year from date of delivery. The factory installed components (i.e power supply, speakers,wires etc) are warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for 1 years from the original date of delivery.
1-Years Warranty on the LED lights: The factory installed LED lights are warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for 1 year from the original date of delivery. The factory installed LED light driveris warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for 1 year from the original date of delivery, LED bulbs are not covered by the warranty.
1-Years Warranty on the Thermal Cover: The thermal cover is warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for 1 year from the original date of delivery.
90 Days Warranty on the Skimmer house/Plastic external parts/overlays: Some parts most of which can be changed out without the use of tools, such as filter cartridges, filter lid, filter housing, spa pillows, cover locks etc are in included in this warranty but are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of delivery and not beyond.
- The Warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, lack of maintenance or lime scale deposits.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to replace the defective parts with factory or remanufactured parts
- The manufacturer is not responsible for any damage caused by altercations or modifications by the user.
- Radio/Bluetooth reception is not covered by warranty because the reception depends on local conditions. The received signal may deteriorate if there are high voltage lines near the spa.
- The warranty of the spa does not cover defects, damage of failure caused by the common carrier, installer, user or other persons, pets or rodents, or resulting from, without limitation, any of the following: careless handling ( lifting unit by plumbing, abrading finish, etc) including its own negligence; modification of any type for any reason) including modification to meet local code). Improper installation ( including installation not in accordance with instructions and specifications provided with the unit). Connections supplied by the installer of the equipment; improper voltage supply or unauthorized electrical modification; misuse; incorrect operation; or lack of routine maintenance; operation of the unit without specified minimum amount of water or at inappropriate water temperature; use of abrasive or improper cleaners;or acts of gods, such as lightening, floods earthquakes etc.
- In addition, The manufacturer will not be responsible for incidental or consequential damage or losses arising from any cause ( e.g water damage to carpet, ceiling tiles, marbles, loss of use etc. Including its own negligence, damages to respecting or resulting from : plated parts when pool are/or spa chemicals are used in the unit or hard water conditions.
- This warranty does not include, labour, transportation of other costs incurred in the removal and or re installation of the original unit and/or installation of a replacement unit; any costs relating to obtaining access for repair; or loss of use damage, including loss of sales, profit or business advantage of any kind under any circumstances. Spa units are excluded from any warranty coverage if any addition, deletion or modification of any kind whatsoever has been made to the unit (or to any component).
- The warranty does not cover defects of damage due to normal wear and tear, improper installation, alterations with the manufacturer written consent, accident, misuse, abuse, commercial or industrial use, use of an accessory not approved by manufacturer, failure to follow the user manual, or repairs made or attempted by anyone other than an authorized representative of the manufacturer.
- Palm Spas will not provide compensation for delays in rectifying and faulty/broken hot tub issue.
Extent of Warranty:
This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser of the spa when invoiced and delivered. The warranty terminates upon any transfer of ownership, prior to the expiration of the warranty period.
Any modification to the spa will void the warranty.
PLEASE NOTE THAT LOW WATER LEVEL OR BLOCKED FILTERS ARE THE TWO MAIN CAUSES OF ISSUES WITH HOT TUBS. EITHER OF THESE CAN CAUSE THE SYSTEM TO RUN DRY AND RISK BURNING OUT THE HEATER.
Please note – All warranty parts will be sent out to customer within 10 days of problem reported if in the unlikely circumstance that the part is not available we will let you know when we are likely to be sending out a replacement. Labour is not included. We advise that the fitting of any spare part, electrical or plumbing specific, be done by a trained engineer. We cannot accept any liability regarding the installation of spare parts, especially relating to access of the tub and access has been restricted further by the client after the delivery. Please note you are entitled to cancel your order once delivered within 7 working days. But for a refund on the product it must be in original condition. If it is needed to be collected the delivery/collection fee will be deducted from your refund.
To open a warranty claim please fill in the form below
Please contact us for details on returns or any further inquiries regarding our products on: 01773 591541 or email:[email protected]